What is VoWi-Fi?
Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi) is a free service that stc brings to all our
postpaid and prepaid voice customers. Using this service, you can
connect to any Wi-Fi network and enjoy local minutes to stay in touch
with your family and friends. The service is also available on roaming.
It’s a free, simple and flexible service designed to enhance your mobile
Who can enjoy this service?
Available for all stc prepaid and postpaid voice customers with:
- VoWi-Fi supported device
- Valid VoLTE service
- Wi-Fi connection
Make sure that VoWi-Fi icon appears on the phone display.
How to activate VoWi-Fi?
- Go to the settings on your iPhone.
- Turn on Wi-Fi calling in Settings > Cellular > Wi-Fi Calling.
- And start enjoying the service.
What are the conditions for using the service locally?
- You can make local calls to stc and non-stc numbers.
- The available minutes are based on the balance in your main plan,
after which PAYG rates are applied.
- For postpaid and prepaid users, the same rate as per the plan is applied.
- The service does not carry any extra charges.
What are the conditions for using the service while roaming?
- You can use VoWi-Fi while roaming if have roaming service enabled.
- The call charge will be deducted from your roaming voice add-on.
- For non-roaming voice add-on customers, the standard stc roaming
rates will apply based on VoWi-Fi.
- Accessing local Wi-Fi while roaming to use applications such as
WhatsApp and IMO will not attract charges as this is not part of the
VoWi-Fi call protocol.